Thursday, February 3, 2011

Date Night

In 2006 my wife and I decided to institute date night. The reasons for this were numerous and I will not get into them here. Suffice to say we needed it. 

There was an Italian restaurant we had been to a few times before this which had good food and atmosphere. Included was a bar which featured live music and comedy each week. A few months prior to our first date night, I had been to said bar to see some friends of mine play jazz on Thursday nights. I had also seen one or two of the touring comedian's shows on Saturdays. I enjoyed both very much, not to mention the fact that the food was delicious and the Guinness was cold. 

Now my wife is not a big "bar" person. For that matter, neither am I . However, I convinced her to go with me so that we could hear our friends play one Thursday night. It was a great experience and it became our routine each Thursday until we moved away from this particular town. We loved the music, the food and, especially, spending some quality "non-kid" time with each other.

That was over three years ago and we are desperate to re-institute our date night. Two moves and five jobs (between us) later, our lives have done nothing but get busier. Not only that, but I haven't found a cool place like our little Italian restaurant/bar. 

Tonight we will attempt date night once again. Hopefully we can find a suitable place. I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to it. It's extremely important to make it a point to set aside time when it is just you and your spouse. No distractions, no kids. Just the two of you...hanging out and talking and having fun like you did when you were dating.


I recommend it :)
 

1 comments:

CRiS said...

Like. Like. Like. LOVE date night. Whether finally find another locally on fantabulous place or not...date night needs to be a weekly, or at the least bi-weekly adventure. BTW, the smoking ban helped make it easier in '06.

About Me

Steve
Concord, NC
Dad, Husband, Christian, Musician, Foodie and Auburn Tiger
View my complete profile

Popular Posts

Text

Followers

Total Pageviews

Another Templates

Powered by Blogger.

Credits